1 lb snapped green beans
1 red or yellow sweet pepper
3 cloves garlic
1.5 - 2 oz Serrano ham cubes
3 tbsp Spanish virgin olive oil
salt to taste
- Steam green beans for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from steamer and set aside.
- Remove steam and seeds from pepper.
- Cut pepper into long strips about 1/4-inch wide. Peel and chop garlic.
- Cut ham into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Pour olive oil into a large heavy frying pan and heat over medium. When hot, add pepper and garlic and sauté. Once peppers are soft and browned, add green beans and cubed ham. Salt to taste.
- Stir to coat green beans and cook for 4-5 minutes.